Frequently asked questions
What can be covered under JWCovers?
- JWCovers covers all new and existing jewellery and watches that are in good condition.
Loose diamonds, gemstones, gold bullion, loose coins, or artifacts are excluded.
Is there a minimium value to insured my collections?
- The minimum sum insured per item is S$2,500, and a maximum of S$50,000
The total sum insured for all items cannot be more than S$50,000.
Check out our JWCovers+ for collections valued above S$50,000
What is JWCovers?
- JWCovers is a worldwide cover, based on an agreed value for specified jewellery and watches. The policy is exceptionally comprehensive, with minimal exclusions against loss or accidental damage.
Is there an deductible?
in the event of a claim, a S$100 deductible is applicable for each and every loss.
Who can take up JWCovers?
- Any individual 18 years of age,
A Singapore citizen, a Singapore permanent resident, or
A holder of a valid work permit or employment pass or long-term visit pass or dependant’s pass or S pass.
How much should I insure my jewellery or watches?
- Base on your purchase receipt or
Base on your latest appraisal value
Are there any documents required to take up JWCovers?
Current actual image(s) or your jewelry or watch
Any certificates or warranty documents
Why do I need to submit purchase receipts, images of my watches, or jewellery?
- To ensure that the jewelleryor watches are not under or over-insured.
To prove ownership.
To reduce the hassle of submitting these documents in the event of claims.
What can I do for my collections if the value appreciated?
- JWcovers will include a complimentary annual revaluation upon every policy renewal.
This ensures that the jewelry/watch is insured at the correct value in the event of loss or damage for the following renewal year.
What do I need to do for a claim?
- Notify our claim underwriter immediately, call +65 6801 4586 (Mondays to Fridays, 9.00am - 5.00pm, excluding Public Holidays) or
The claim underwriter will guide you through the next steps, where you will need to submit a claim form and a police report (if lost or maliciously damaged).
Can I go back to my jeweller for repairs or replacement in the event of a claim?
- Yes, Chubb will encourage that you return to your original or preferred jeweller/watch boutique in the case of a claim.
Who underwrites JWCovers?
This policy is underwritten by Chubb Insurance Singapore Limited and distributed by NRM Insurance Agency Pte Ltd.
Q Report is the trading name and digital platform for JWCovers and is administered by Jewellers Loop Asia Pte. Ltd, on behalf of Chubb.
Q Report provides administrative support functions to Chubb for JWCovers, which include general inquiries, enrolment, revaluations, and renewals, receiving and collating required information for all claims.
NRM Insurance Agency Pte Ltd is the authorized representative of Chubb