Chubb Assistance

(65) 6836 2922

Frequently asked questions

Plan & Eligibility

Who can purchase Travel Pro® Enhanced cover?

  • Travel Pro® Enhanced can be purchased by customers who are at least 18 years of age. For individual traveler who is a Child, the policy can be issued provided the policy holder is either the parent or authorised adult.

If I am traveling with my friend, do we need to buy separate travel insurance policies?

  • Both of you may purchase a “Group of Individuals” travel insurance policy. If either or both of you are bringing your child(ren) along, you may choose to purchase a “Me and My Family” plan under “Single Trip”.

Will I be able to activate the travel insurance cover the moment I touch down at my destination?

  • No, you are unable to as travel insurance has to be activated before your departure from Singapore.

I'm traveling from Singapore to take up residence or employment in Country X. Can I purchase a travel insurance plan?

  • Yes, you are able to purchase a one-way plan. However, you will be charged premium equivalent to a 4-day trip, and the cover will cease once you arrive at your new country of residence or employment.

My family will be traveling with me at the onset but I have to return to Singapore earlier than them. Can I still enroll under the "Family" Plan?

  • Yes, but the premiums will be based on the last person's return date and your own coverage will end as soon as you reach your residence in Singapore.

What is the eligibility for coverage? Is there a age limit?

For "Individual" Plan:

  • The Insured must be a Singapore Resident of at least 18 years of age at the time of application.
  • Singapore Resident means a Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident or Valid Work Permit Holder or Valid Employment Pass Holder or Valid Dependant Pass Holder or Valid Long-Term Social Visit Pass Holder or Valid Student Pass Holder on the Effective Date.
  • For individual traveler who is a Child, the policy can be issued provided the policy holder is either the parent or authorised adult.
For "Family" Plan:
  • Single Trip - any one or two adults traveling with any number of related children. The adults need not to be related but the children must be legal children of either one of the adults.
  • Annual Multi-Trip – for two adults who are legally married or who have been permanently living together for at least three months, and their legal children. Trips made by any of the child below 12 years of age must be accompanied by either one of the insured adults.
  • For individual traveler who is a Child, the policy can be issued provided the policy holder is either the parent or authorised adult.
  • Child(ren) means your unmarried dependent child or children [including step or legally adopted child(ren)] who is/are Singapore resident/s, aged between 45 days and 18 years old or up to 23 years old if studying full time in a tertiary institution and is/are primarily dependent on you for maintenance and support.

Medical Cover

Do I need to undergo a medical examination to apply for Travel Pro® Enhanced cover?

  • A medical examination is not required, however, do note that any pre-existing medical conditions are not covered.

What constitutes a "pre-existing condition"?

Pre-existing Condition means any condition which:-

  • You received medical treatment, diagnosis, consultation or prescribed drugs or which symptoms or manifestations have existed whether treatment was actually received within twelve (12) months period preceding the commencement of a Journey;
  • medical advice or treatment was recommended by a Doctor within twelve (12) months period preceding the commencement of a Journey; or
  • You should reasonably be aware of within twelve (12) months period preceding the commencement of a Journey.

Can I pay extra to cover pre-existing conditions

  • No, Chubb does not have this option.

I am pregnant. Will I be covered for any pregnancy-related matters while I am overseas?

  • No, the policy does not cover any pregnancy-related issues other than accidental miscarriage.

Is dental treatment covered while I am overseas?

  • Yes, dental treatment is covered so long it is a result of an accidental injury. Dentures are not covered.

If I was ill overseas but only sought medical treatment when I'm back in Singapore, can I make a claim?

  • Yes, and if You have not been treated by a Doctor or Chinese Doctor in Overseas, You may seek medical treatment from a Doctor or Chinese Doctor in Singapore within twenty-four (24) consecutive hours from the time of Your return to Singapore.
  • We will reimburse You for such medical expenses or Traditional Chinese Medical Expenses necessarily incurred in Singapore, up to the maximum sum insured specified in the Benefit Schedule subject to the terms and conditions of this Policy.

Baggage Cover

Can I make a claim if my checked baggage arrives damaged?

  • No, this plan covers loss or damage of property due to robbery or theft only.

Can Baggage cover be increased?

  • No, the amount of baggage cover cannot be increased.

Is a video camera (or any other item) on hire for the trip covered?

No, Chubb does not cover any hired or leased equipment. The item must belong to the Insured Person and be carried on this person or be checked in luggage. For certain items such as watches and laptops, it must be carried with him when he is boarding and alighting from his flights. Please refer to "Personal Property and Baggage" for items covered under the policy.

Are articles purchased during the journey covered?

  • Yes, Personal Property includes purchases made overseas. Please refer to Personal Baggage, Property Not Covered in the policy wording.

What happens if the carrier temporarily misplaces the total luggage for more than 24 hours?

  • This plan will pay $200 for every six full consecutive hours of delay, up to the maximum benefit amount specified in your Certificate of Insurance.

Would a suitcase shipped home early (to save costs on excess baggage) be covered?

  • No, it would not as unaccompanied baggage is not covered.

If a governmental authority were to confiscate items including but not limited to wooden carvings and stuffed animals from me, can I make a claim?

  • No, property confiscated by governmental authorities is not covered.

What is the limit of cover for any one article?

Up to $500 for any one item or set or pair of articles. The limit for laptop/hand-held computer is $1,000.

Sports and Sporting Equipment

Are sporting equipment covered?

  • Yes, Personal Property includes sporting equipment brought by the Insured Person or purchased during the trip. In addition, Chubb also extends additional cover for golfing equipment.

I am going overseas to participate in a Triathlon. Am I covered?

  • This policy excludes certain activities such as extreme sports, including triathlons and ultra- marathons. Please refer to General Exclusions for the exclusions list.

Trip Cancellation

Would I be covered if I were booked on a holiday and then could not go because my employer needs me in Singapore and cancels my leave application?

  • The policy excludes Trip Cancellation claims caused by business obligations.

What happens if I booked my trip but could not go because I can't get an entry visa in time?

  • This Policy does not cover this circumstance. The policy excludes any claims relating to prohibitions or regulations by any government, and any subsequent Trip Cancellation or trip change claims related to this cause is not covered.

If a natural disaster hits the country I'm just about to visit, can I cancel my trip and make a claim?

  • Yes, if the event occurs within seven (7) days before the Scheduled Departure Date and such claim are accompanied with travel advice from the relevant authority/ authorities.

If the government issued a warning against traveling to Country X due to social unrest, after I’ve booked for my trip and purchased insurance, would I be able to claim for Trip Cancellation?

  • Yes, you will be covered under Trip Cancellation if the cancellation is classified as a Specified Cause.

What is categorized as "Specified Cause"?

"Specified Cause" means

  • You dying or becoming ill or sustaining Accidental Injury rendering You unfit to travel in the opinion of a Doctor;
  • the death, of Your Family Member or Travel Companion, or Accidental Injury or Sickness of such person which the Doctor certified as being life-threatening and which resulted in You cancelling Your trip;
  • compulsory quarantine, subpoena or hijack of You or Travel Companion;
  • cancellation of scheduled Public Conveyance services consequent upon Strike, Riot or Civil Commotion;
  • Your residence in Singapore becoming uninhabitable following fire, storm, or flood occurring such that Your presence is required on the premises on the Scheduled Departure Date;
  • due to Natural Disasters which prevent You from commencing or continuing with the Journey.
  • for paragraphs (1) to (4), the events mentioned occur within thirty (30) days before the Scheduled Departure Date,
  • for paragraph (5), the event occurs within seven (7) days before the Scheduled Departure Date and
  • for paragraph (6) the event occurs within seven (7) days before the Scheduled Departure Date and must be accompanied with travel advice from relevant authority (authorities).


Is there a policy excess applicable?

  • No. Chubb does not impose any excess on the Travel Pro®Enhanced policy.

Am I covered on the way to and from the airport in Singapore?

  • Yes, you are covered on the way to and from the airport once your policy is enforced.

Are acts of terrorism covered?

Yes. This policy is extended to cover your losses as a result of acts of terrorism.